Saturday, November 22, 2008

You're Going to Hell!...But First Will You Do This Spell for Me?

It amazes me how quickly people change their minds about things when it suits them.

There are people I know who are "praying for me" since they've found out I've been learning Tarot and Wicca.  They don't understand why I'd turn away from the church and away from the Christian God to a Pagan religion.

And yet, when they want to know something or they've had a dream they don't understand or they want a spell done for them, they turn to me.  They don't pray for the answers (well, they may, but they still come to me) or read the Bible for divination.  They ask me to do a Tarot reading or they ask if I know what their dream means or if I'll cast a spell so they get a job or whatever.  That just figures, doesn't it?

People just change their beliefs and values to suit their needs.  Sort of "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live"...unless she can do something for you.

If you think I'm going to hell, fine.  I can live with that.  But think that all the time.  Don't pretend everything's fine between us when you need something from me.

/rant

No comments: