Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Book of Shadows

I've sort of finished my Book of Shadows.  There's still quite a bit I'd like to add, but for now, I've got the basics.  I haven't decided what, if anything, will go on my title page.  Right now there's nothing on it.  I may leave it that way until I'm ready to do my self-dedication rite.  Then I'll put my Craft name on it and perhaps something else.

I have lots of reference-type information I've gathered recently that I'm going to add to my journal/mirror book.  That's stuff like magical associations with days of the week, information about the Elements, meditation techniques, etc.  It's all the information that I need as background information for my BOS stuff to be effective.  I know a lot of people keep all that stuff with their spells and rituals in the BOS, but for my purposes, especially right now, it will be good to keep things organized like that.  Especially since, once I'm more familiar with all that background stuff, I won't need to refer to it as much.

My next step for my BOS is to start adding recipes, herb lore, runic alphabet, and things like that.  I may get a full astrology chart made and include that, as well.  I also have some quotes, poetry, and songs I'd like to add, but I know I'll need to stop by a scrapbooking store to get more pages for that, and I'd rather get the recipes and things in my BOS first.

It was suggested to me that I should include information for adding people to my circle or coven information "just in case," but I haven't decided if I want to do that or not.  Sometime down the road maybe I will find like-minded people to join with me in circle and/or start a coven, but for right now, I'm happy to be learning as a solitary Witch.  I don't want to get too ahead of myself and start a coven on a power trip or something like that.  That's not why I'm studying.

2 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

A BOS is such a personal, special thing. I love mine to death.

I've been a solitary for years. I don't think, at this point, I could ever really be a part of a coven. I'd love to have some witchy friends in "real life", though.

Elienne said...

I'm the type of person who will be happy as a solitary, too, I think. I've always had a bit of a hermit-y attitude.

I know what you mean about "real life" witchy friends, though. That's why I joined WRCF. The connection is there when/if I need it. Plus they have classes/Sabbats I can attend.