Thursday, November 13, 2008

Book of Shadows

I'm working on pretty-ing up my Book of Shadows.

I knew I wanted to use a scrapbook for my BOS, and originally, I simply wrote everything out and put it in so I could have everything together.  Now that I have a framework of my BOS, though, I'd like to make it prettier, so I'm making it look more like a scrapbook than it originally looked.  It's going quickly, and the embellishment papers I got go well with the album's cover design, as well as with what I want to do with the pages.  It's very earthy-looking, and I'm able to use colors and design to suggest what the page is about (for example, the page that tells how to cast a circle has circle designs on it).  I think it's working well.

The great thing about the scrapbook album I'm using is that it'll be very easy to add pages, as well as rearrange things if I need to as I continue to practice, deepen my spiritual beliefs, and share information with fellow Pagans/Wiccans.

I'm also thinking about adding a section in which to put poems, quotes, stories, etc.  I know lots of people have little tidbits in their Books of Shadows of things that are important to them, things they've read that struck them and they want to remember.  So I'm going to do the same.  I love reading, so I think I'll need a whole section for quotes and stuff in my Book of Shadows.

I'll post pictures of my BOS when I've finished with the pages I'm working on this week.  It's already turning out beautifully, and I think personalizing it like this will help me have an even stronger connection to my Book than simply hand writing it.

Blessed Be!

2 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I've really enjoyed reading through your blog!

I also use a scrapbook for my book. I actually call it a "Book of Seasons", with sections for each season of the year. I include a lot of family stuff in it, some pictures and keep sakes as well as the traditional BOS stuff.

Elienne said...

Thanks you! I'm still getting started/learning, but every day I feel happier about my decision to practice Wicca!

I like your idea of dividing it by seasons! Right now mine is arranged similarly to the sample Scott Cunningham gives in his book Wicca: a Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, but I know I'll be re-arranging it once I get things in there.

Your BOS sounds like a great keepsake!