Saturday, November 29, 2008

My First Candle Spell

Yesterday I did a spell I wrote on Thanksgiving.  It's my first spell (both writing and working), and I'm eager to see how it will play out.

It was a candle spell.  I love working with candles, so it only made sense for me to use a candle in my first spell.  I feel like I put a lot of thought into it, but the self-doubt in me is wondering if I should've spent more time writing it, or if I worked it properly.  I know I put my intention into the spell, which was the point of working it.

I know I need to be confident in my skills.  If I always doubt whether or not something will work, it never will.  I need to believe I can do it.  And as for whether or not this spell will work...well...I have to start somewhere.  If I wait until I "know enough" to work magic, I know I'll never feel ready.  There's always more to learn.

I think in this case, learning by doing is a good method.  Most people I've talked to have said magic either works and you know it, or it fizzles out.  I don't foresee any huge backfiring of this spell.

I'm also trying not to think too much about it because I don't want my thinking/watching to change how I view signs that may come about from the spell.  I want the spell to reveal itself.  It's sort of the same thing as thinking you're going to get a cold, then you start feeling sick.  I don't want to convince myself of anything one way or another.

We'll see how the spell goes.  I'll definitely report back on it!

No comments: