Thursday, December 11, 2008

My life, as I prepare for Yule

My husband and I are moving this weekend, so I haven't blogged here in a few days.  I apologize.  Life is just a bit crazy.  We're planning to be out of our apartment by the end of the day on Sunday, so we have a lot to do between now and then.  And I'll be doing a lot of meditation to help keep me grounded and at peace, and to not let the hectic-ness and anxiety of everything get to me.

Fortunately, once we get settled, I'll be back to some semblance of a normal life and I'll be back to blogging regularly.  There's a lot I want to explore as I learn and read about Wicca and Paganism.  And though my new living situation will be a little difficult to adjust to (even if it's only going to be briefly), it will provide me an opportunity to continue to learn and grow.  That's invaluable to me.

I posted a few days ago about the results of my first candle spell (well, really, my first spell ever).  I didn't give any details, really, but I can tell a little more now.

My candle spell was an "easy" one.  I charged the candle and spoke with the Goddess as I lit it, then meditated as the candle burned down.  Once it did, I left it on my altar for a couple of days, and every time I saw it, I was reminded of my intention and took a moment or two to meditate again on the issue.

Afterward, I spent a lot of time thinking about it, wondering how it would play out.  There was part of me that was sure it wouldn't work simply because it was my first spell.  I told myself I don't know enough to do spell working effectively.  But, there was also a big part of me that said it would work because spell working is so often about intention, and I was incredibly clear on my intent.  In fact, my meditation during the spell working lasted quite a bit longer than I expected.  (I ended up meditating for over an hour!)

Then, I got very clear confirmation that my spell was successful.  At first, I was ecstatic about the issue, but after the initial excitement faded a bit, I realized that this was the issue my spell was dealing with, and I was ecstatic that it worked!  It made me feel more confident about spell working, and I'm really looking forward to my next spell working!

Because our home situation is changing right before Yule (and Hubby's Catholic family will be in town for Christmas), I haven't decided how I'm going to celebrate the Sabbat.  For Samhain I did a ritual, but I don't know that I'd be able to cast a circle and do a full ritual for Yule this year.  So I'm going to see, once I get in our space, how I can modify the ritual I have, or decide if I want to write a new ritual that will accommodate the situation.

For now, though, I need to concentrate on packing, I think.


--

(Photo source)

3 comments:

Hibiscus said...

I have been reading your blog and absolutley looooove it! I haven't commented until now b/c I have tried but the authentication parameters were kind of strict. However, I felt compelled to comment today b/c I noticed that you haven't blogged in a while and I hope you're still planning on doing so. I actually created an account with a fake email addy just so I could comment here. :) I hope all is going well at yoru new place and that you had a Blessed Yule.

Seshen said...

I just logged into my Blogger and saw you were following me. Just thought I'd drop by and say hello!

Lady Thorn said...

I'd like to cordially invite you to join us at The Minerva's Site Competition! Hope to see you there!
http://minervascompetition.info

Hugs
Finder Thorn